No pictures today - somewhere between the house and the garden my phone when MIA.
- Asparagus looking good.
- Tomatoes are growing, there are some yellow leaves but I am not too concerned. Today they got caged.
- Green Beans, germinated nicely, it looks like some of the leaves are getting munched on. I am going to look up organic pesticides.
- Purple Beans, same as green beans.
- Cucumbers, the started we used is looking good. Of the two plants I planted only one took.
- Radishes are looking great!!!
- Squash: 1/2 of the ones planted germinated, I was concerned because of all the rain. So I am feeling good about those two.
- Basil around the tomato plants
- 1 cucumber plant, hoping to replace the one that didn’t take.
- 2 Squash plans to replace the ones that didn’t take.
- Some more beans in the whole.
- Rainbow carrots.
- Horseradish.- Totally Justin’s idea.
We still have about 1/3 of one box left to plant. We will be putting in heirloom peas - our first trellising plant and something else TBT. We are thinking about eggplant. Tried that last year without much successes.
In other news I was using a rake to break up the surface dirt. We have a lot of seedling weeds, too small to pick. I hoped by that by raking before planting some of these new areas that the plants would stand a chance. I put the rake down. then went to grab it again. As I bend over to grab it, I stepped on the flat surface causing the rake to spring up bopping me in the face really hard.
There i stood crying a laughing. ITs been one of those days, but I am really glad to be back in the garden.